Statement of Terry O’Sullivan, General President of LIUNA, on Occupy Wall Street
The most valuable asset in America isn’t Wall Street, it is working people.
Yet in America today, millions of working people are jobless and are losing their homes, their hopes and their dreams. Meanwhile, corporations are making record profits and the most profitable among them pay no taxes, shifting more wealth from the working and middle class to the rich. This ill-gotten wealth is being used to finance an unprecedented assault on working people and unions in states across the country and in Washington, D.C.
Wall Street caused our economic crisis, and yet corporations are attempting to force working people to pay for it.
The only way to turn back the assault is to strengthen unions and build movements, such as Occupy Wall Street.
The workers who build America – the half-million men and women of LIUNA – are united behind the fight against corporate tyranny and for economic prosperity for all and stand with the Occupy Wall Street movement in New York City and across the United States.
The half-million members of LIUNA – the Laborers’ International Union of North America – are on the forefront of the construction industry, a powerhouse of workers who are proud to build America.
- #OccupyWallSt Day Three: Neo-Coms Call For The ‘Deprivatization of Everything’…
- Black-Owned Construction Firms File Lawsuit Against Las Vegas Laborers’ Union
- SHOCK! Laborers’ Union To Pay Up To $12.5 Million To Get Rid Of ‘Cheese-Eating Rat’ SEIU…
- Ousted Laborers’ Union Boss Denies Mob Ties, Despite Blood Ties
- Are Rhode Island Union Bosses Living Too Large?